Here below you have some links which will help you knowing the figure of M.C. Escher:
After reading those links and watching the videos, start designing a presentation. It should talk about the following points:
- Who was M.C. Escher? Write a small biography in 4 or 5 lines.
- After visiting a certain place, Escher became fascinated by the regular division of the plane (tessellations). Which was this place? How this affected his own work?
- Why do you think that there are mathematics in tessellations?
- Which things do fascinated MC Escher and why?
- What are 'Escher's Illusions'? Are you able to talk about them?
- List and comment some of the artist's most famous works.